Cream 18th Century Polonaise Dress
With the new year coming to an end I wanted to get another 18th century dress on list of finished projects for 2016. This one is made out of the same pattern as the other dress, but I did make a few minor changes to give it a different look.
Here is where I made a change in the trim. Because the fabric is upholstery it was too thick to do gathers… so I decided to do pleated trim.
Instead of adding the ties to hold up the skirt, I permanently bunched the back of the skirt.
One of my next projects for the new year is perfecting the undergarments for this era. I still feel like I could perfect the shape a little better. You may see a post in near months of 2017 on that. 🙂