Civil War Ball Gown
My first civil war dress of 2016! After working on this gown, I am so motivated to experiment on other designs from the 1860s era. I also learned a couple new techniques that I hope to use on many other projects this year.
Here I am fitting the bodice according to the customers size.
Hand stitching the edges closed.
The trim my customer picked out.
And here goes more hand stitching.
Because I didn’t have a grommet setter I had to hand stitch the holes by hand.
Adding trim to the skirt.
Weaving the ribbon through the holes.
I am so glad I was able to start out 2016 with a bang!
– The Tailorette