One of my goals for 2016 is to create several different dresses other than the regency era. With so much attention going towards restocking my Shop, I am just now getting to the stash of fabric in my closet waiting to be cut up into new ideas. The year is almost over, but I’m determined to reach the goal.
At the beginning of summer, I stocked up on a few different fabrics to get me started on some new ideas. This plaid is my favorite from the stash, so I decided to start there.
The bodice ended up being on the baggy side of things, so I set the mannequin to the right size and started working from there.
Pinning where the bodice need to be taken in.
Pressing down the gathers to eliminate the extra puffiness.
Cutting out out the neckline.
Below I am measuring the thread so I could hand sew the cartridge pleating for the skirt.
After attaching the skirt and adding a few finishing touches, the dress was finished!
Happy Thanksgiving y’all!
– The Tailorette